- Use distilled water, or pre-boiled water.
- Use warm water, not boiling hot, but warm.
- Slow down the freezing process by placing the ice mold inside another container, such as a cooler.
- Turn up the temperature in your freezer to just below or right at the freezing point.
- Once frozen, do not run hot water over the ice mold. This can cause the ice ball to crack.
- Allow the mold to sit on the counter or table for 3-5 minutes. This will allow the ice ball to be easily removed.
- Instead of pouring your drink over the ice ball, place the ice ball into your drink.
- A spoon, or other utensil, can be used to lower the ice ball into your drink.